(this is not a contract or agreement, but some useful information)
Daily Rates Include:
Full-time services of a licensed and experienced professional hunter. Transportation to and from Johannesburg Int. airport. Accommodation full board and all meals & soft drinks for the contracted, period, catering, staff services, laundry, skinner, field preparation of trophies and transport to a taxidermist. Transportation during the hunting period on and between hunting concessions. Use of outfitters rifles during the safari. General hunting licenses where applicable (excl Big 5).
Anything not mentioned above is not included in the daily rate unless specified otherwise.
Daily Rates Exclude:
All accommodation before and after the contracted Safari, all international, national and chartered flights and airline duties, Big five & listed trophy fees and taxidermy costs, shipping of trophies, Cites permits, visa costs, all insurance, alcoholic drinks. All personal expenses, telephone calls, tips for staff, gifts, curios….
Additional sightseeing guided tours i.e. Kruger National Park, Sun city etc. Government tax where applicable (i.e. 15% VAT)
All items not mentioned above are also excluded from the rates and tariffs.
Cites Permits to import are to be acquired by clients in their own country before departure. (please e-mail a copy) for big 5, crocodile and hippo and other species on the cites list.
A deposit of 50% of the total daily rate is required to confirm a booking. This deposit is non-refundable, but may the safari be booked for another date that is suitable to both the client and outfitter within 12 months of the original date, such deposit may stand.
Full and final payment is required on the day before the Safari comes to an end by traveller’s cheques, electronic transfers or cash in US$.
Visits to South Africa:
- Valid passport, no visa required
- No vaccinations required
- Uitvlugt Hunting Safaris operate in a malaria-free area, but precautions are advised in some areas.
- Flight arrangements to O.R.Tambo Int. airport, Johannesburg where you will be picked up by us for a 2-hour drive to Uitvlugt Hunting Safaris.
- During your stay with us, you need not acquire an international driving license, and you will be transported by one of our staff.
Travel insurance is advised.
Clothing and handy equipment/packing list
The hunting season is all year round with peak hunting done during the dry winter months from April to September. Approximate winter temperatures vary from subzero °C early morning (32F) to 20°C (68 F) in the afternoon.
More detail on the weather can be discussed when your hunt is booked.
Good lightweight camouflage or khaki hunting clothes, at least two sets. Long pants, long sleeve shirts, socks and underwear. Confirm your clothes required with your outfitter, according to the time of the year that the hunt takes place.
When packing, please keep in mind that laundry services are available during your stay.
At least one pair of comfortable hunting boots (Wear them well in before your planned trip!) Ankle leggings to keep grass seeds out of your socks. (gators)
- Sneakers or casual shoes
- Casual clothes, easy washable
- Warm jacket or wind breaker
- Sweater and warm underwear.
- A day backpack (knapsack)
- Belt, sunglasses and hat
- Sunblock and mosquito repellent
- Personal medical kit with enough prescribed medication to last at least one extra week after your planned visit.
- Binoculars, camera, spare batteries, cellphone chargers.
- International electrical plugs adapter
- Pocket knife or Leatherman Hunting knife
- 1 small pack of hand wipes.
Rifles for your safari
- Min calibre. For any of the Big 5: .375 with a mix of solid premium A-grade ammunition and soft-nose bullets.
- Plains game: any .30 calibre - .375 with enough soft-nose bullets
- Confirm the rifle and ammo choice with your outfitter before the safari
- A good quality rifle telescope is recommended
- It is recommended to transport your rifle/s in a good quality gun case, but to have a soft gun bag for everyday hunting.
- A gun sling is important to carry the rifle during hunting
Accommodation will vary, depending on the concession we hunt and will range from chalets to comfortable farmhouses. Running warm and cold water. Flush toilets.
Your professional hunter will discuss and plan the hunt for each day and will have you well prepared for the day’s activities.
A typical hunting day will start with early morning coffee or tea and rusks.
Mid-morning to noon, hunting stops for a well-deserved brunch.
After a full day’s hunting, we shall spoil you with traditional South African cuisine. A three-course meal with some fine South African wine. Other alcoholic beverages, beer, malts and soft drinks are available on the menu.
Hosts, Kobus and Vera Davel are well prepared to offer you a memorable hunting safari experience.
Book now and spoil you and your family or friends for an unforgettable adventure.
Bookings can be done directly with Kobus via e-mail: email@example.com
Cell: +27 83 66256 806.